- Sunday School for our youth is held between services on Sunday Mornings. Sunday School at Mt. Calvary is for students in preK-5th Grade. During Sunday School, children learn about who God is, how He loves them and how that love changes their lives by hearing and discussing Bible stories. While all our students in preK-5th grade may be hearing the same story and central truth, each grade group has an unique lesson geared directly to learners that age.
- LIFE class is Mt. Calvary’s midweek Bible education offering for children in 1st-5th Grade. Following a light meal, all students attend music and opening activities together, then go to classrooms in grade groups (1st-3rd Grade and 4th-5th Grade) for traditional learning and discussion time followed by craft and activity times to enhance students’ learning. At the same time, our youth in Grades 6-8 are led in a study of "Luther's Catechism" by Pastor Vanderbilt. This class is a must for students who wish to be confirmed in the Lutheran Faith.
- During both worship services on Sunday, the children are invited to the front of the church for a children's message before the sermon. Most children's messages are an object lesson based off a short section of one of that week's readings. Children of all ages are welcome to participate in the children's message, and we are happy to have parents and grandparents join children and grandchildren if they are not comfortable up front alone.
- An Adult educational class is held on Sunday mornings between services. This is a large group lecture and discussion based class led by Pastor which focuses on the current day's worship lesson.
- Small Group, Lay-Led Bible Studies are encouraged for members and friends who meet in their homes or at Church.
Interest Based Groups
Textile Tuesdays (Tuesdays 9:00am) Year Round
- An informal group who create quilts and projects for charities. The members share knowledge, fellowship and ideas. No prior experience is necessary.